As we enter the holiday season for December/January, it is important to take some time to make sure your home remains safe. For some general home safety tips please refer to our past Blog, Home Security & Safety These Holidays. This year we wanted to highlight SCENES, one of the key features of our home security packages and ideally suited to the holiday period when you and the family are away.
Scenes are a way to simply customise your home through the Ultimate Security Alarm System app. They allow you to automate and control multiple devices all at once, setting different scenarios for different times of the day.
Some examples of how to use the feature are:
- When activated, the “Away” scene could lock all doors, arm the security system, and turn off unnecessary lights and devices.
- Integrate security cameras with a scene that, when triggered, automatically sends video clips or live feeds to your smartphone, providing real-time visual verification.
- Link smart locks to scenes so that when the security system is disarmed, doors automatically unlock for convenient entry.
As per the above examples it is clear how useful setting these different modes can be if you are away on holidays. Combined with general security tips like not leaving the bin out while away these scenes run at different times of the day will give the outside world the appearance that you are home. This simple deterrence method helps avoid break ins and just adds an extra layer of protection to your home.
Some additional benefits to Scenes used while you travel include:
- Enhanced Security: Automation ensures that critical security measures are consistently applied, reducing the risk of oversights.
- Remote Control: Scenes can be activated or adjusted remotely through a smartphone app, providing flexibility and control from anywhere, so as long as you are connected to WIFI you can control your homes scenes and make any adjustments needed.
All of our security alarm systems have the scenes functionality, if you are unsure on how to set up the functionality please visit our FAQ page.
Have a happy safe holiday from the team at Ultimate Security.